Monday 12 April 2010

Blue-and-White Flycatcher


I know what you're thinking - that CAN'T be a Blue-and-White Flycatcher, right? I know, I know. The black lores yet almost complete lack of black on the breast and face point to something crazy, like a Pale Blue Flycatcher. Look closer, and you'll realize it is in fact a Blue-and-White Flycatcher, but of the rarer cumatilis subspecies. Let this be an important life lesson to all of you. Geez, life is nuts, innit? Gonna wake up super early and have a snoop round the foothills for storm-blown rarities. Yes I will.

4 comments:

  1. Where/how did you learn all this bird stuff? You downloaded Dan's brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read bird books. I like them because they have pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more about the tooth-sucking man-o-lanterns, sitting up in their grills, who send streams of rancid halitosis past you

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that's why I love my scooter.

    ReplyDelete