Thursday 29 January 2009

Where are you from?



When I see a random, grinning Korean kid running up to me armed with that question, I try to beat them to the punch by asking them where they're from, in Korean. The old turnaround, always good for confused looks.
A group of chatty Korean guys fell upon our happy reunion last Friday and started annihilating us with that question, and the other standby, 'How old are you?' I gave a Jeju orange to Black Hoodie, and he became my instant new best friend. He put his arm around me, and didn't let go for 20 minutes. He rested his head on my shoulder and kept mumbling 'chingu...chingu' in my ear. Apparently his girlfriend had just broken up with him, so his buddies took him out to get impaired. Reminded me of the Finland story from the movie 'Night on Earth' (watch it today).
T-bagz had worse luck, as he was later double-teamed by two guys, who gang-banged him from both sides with endless variations of the two questions in question.

No comments:

Post a Comment