Sunday 4 July 2010

The Vaselines - Rory Rides Me Raw


So Cobain and I got utterly savaged by a snarling pack of 12-year olds in a decidedly lopsided soccer match. We were playing with ourselves (!) for a while, until we were joined by a couple of friendly guys that play for Jeju United's B Squad (You might be on B Squad, but you're B Squad leader). After a couple of hours, we were completely tanked and soaked. That's when a bunch of kids begged us to play a little 4-on-10. Sure, we sheepishly agreed. We got destroyed. We felt old. It was humbling. Energetic little bastards.
Earlier in the week, a Korean guy I met in Australia's Outback came down to Jeju for a conference, and I showed him how we do it in Seogwipo. A good lad, him. I introduced him to Mojitos and Long Island Ice Teas, to his detriment. Had a good time busting his balls and exchanging bawdy jokes. P.S. The guy on the left is Cougar-candy.
I've always loved this song. I tried it at an open mic years ago. I forget if I pulled it off or not. I have vague memories of playing mandolin in a taxi last night. In other news, wine is a hoax, it doesn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLge5igEmz4

No comments:

Post a Comment