Friday 18 December 2009

When Korea freezes over




'Korea'. Huh. I just noticed that I don't tell people I live in 'Korea' these days, I tell them I live on 'Jeju'. My year on Jeju has been pretty sweet, I've been 200% less angry than I was in my last year up north (I used to hiss at strangers). I think that's partly because here I drive my scoot, so I don't have to be on buses with Koreans. Or play 'pedestrian chicken', for that matter. Or make eye contact with Koreans. Don't get me wrong, I love Korean...food. Anyways, I live on Jeju. And this is my Jeju blog. Consume it.
So it's been cold and it just snowed a ton. I've been driving all week with only the cold to deal with, but on my way home today I managed to almost dump the old scoot. As life also has a habit of doing, the ass-end went a bit sideways. I'm such a wicked-awesome driver though, so of course I recovered, proclaiming hearty and colorful oaths skyward. Not the best 2-wheeling weather, so she's gonna stay in the parking garage until the roads clear up.
Cobain and I took an early-morning road trip up to JC on Wednesday, in search of heaps of McMuffins and a camera doctor. On the Soggy side it was sunny, but halfway up Halla on the 5-16 road, things went pear-shaped in a hurry. Messy and slippery, we saw 2 wrecks on the way down, and that pregnant roller-blade was all over the place. Being wicked-awesome, we made it.
Gonna hibernate a bit this weekend. Hmm, come to think of it, I've been hibernating for 2 months now. Watching TV all night and sleeping in is what angels in heaven get to do. I ramble.
Anyone ever notice that the internet is a boring place?

No comments:

Post a Comment