Wednesday 16 June 2010

Bandwagon, get on


I don't usually get swept up in major sporting events, as a rule. Example - the Olympics sucked. But, I'm feeling this World Cup thing. Hard to believe I was in Gimpo watching the thing 4 years ago, gotta get outta this place, like now. Been watching a few of the games, and from the way I talk about them you'd think I know everything about soccer (but because I call it 'soccer' people know I in fact know shit-all). I picked up a bit watching Jeju United, but really I don't know the game too well.
I have recollections of being in a neighborhood league when I was 7, but my only clear memories of that involve eating orange wedges and getting in repeated trouble for savagely kicking other kids in the ass whenever they bent over.
Also, Cobain and I have switched from morning basketball to morning soccer. Our basketball 'games' have been admittedly lethargic these days, with Cobain holding an iced coffee in one hand, and me walking slowly to collect escaping balls. It was always more about us bitching and gossiping like old ladies. But the soccer thing has been feeling good and exercise-y. I even went out and picked up goalie gloves today, as the ball hurts, and I like gear. More proof I'm turning Korean. My legs hurt. Call me Kaka. Ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment