Thursday 21 April 2011

Common Kingfisher

The first time I saw one of these guys a few years ago, I thought I was hallucinating.  It was hovering over a misty pond at dawn, and all I saw was the sun lighting up the metallic turquoise back strip.  For a few seconds, I actually thought I was looking at a magical fairy creature of some kind, and it seemed like something I was ready to accept.
  Saw some Black-winged Stilts and Yellow Buntings this morning, both fairly rare.  This weekend is looking promising for birds, with southerly winds and rain blowing through.  Hoping to explore some nearby 'unbirded' islets.  We'll see about that.
  I just ate some pizza, and it wasn't as good as my mouth's eye was fantasizing about all day.  What the fuck did I just write?
  P.S. I just realized that I already told this same kingfisher story almost a year ago.  Congratulations, me.  I even said 'misty' again.

No comments:

Post a Comment