Thursday 12 February 2009

Going...going...disgusting



Yellow dust from China! Run!
It's dust from the Gobi desert in China, that is thoughtful enough to pick up all kinds of heavy metal thunder from China's disgusting industrial belt on its way to Korea. This gets combined with whatever baseline crap is in the air from farmers burning stuff, and thermal inversion. I've had my eye on the dust levels, and they've been hovering at around 150-300 ppm lately, which is almost at the level where they instruct folks to stay indoors. I was hoping it wouldn't be so gross on Jeju, but I guess the Hawaii of Korea isn't immune from this garbage.
I'm a hypochondriac, but on high dust days I swear I get headaches, feel lethargic (more than usual), my eyes hurt, my skin gets blotchy (more than usual) and sometimes I can feel the sand in my mouth.
The first pic was taken in early January, the second two days ago, and the third was taken today.

No comments:

Post a Comment