Monday 23 February 2009

Rawk




Aside from all that cheese, I also brought my geet back from Ilsan. It's a sweet geet, but I have to admit I haven't touched it much in the few years I've owned it. Had a band back home for years, but we played an average of a show a year, and we definitely spent more time working on our costumes than the 'music'. We changed our name often, partly to fool clubs that had banned us for life for various irrational reasons. We re-united before x-mas and played our first show in 5 years. We didn't sound too bad, and we made one hell of a giant lobster. I've gotten into mandolining lately, but I'm not sure if I wanna pay 250,000w for a crappy one here. Trying to get a band started up here, should be fun times. The band I was involved with in Taiwan never really worked. We were called "The Binlang Boys", and we played classic rock, poorly sung in Chinese. It was bad.
I am officially tired. Played some darts last night. No dust today, levels low. Went to a birdwatchers conference thing on Saturday. I really did. Bed now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    What does a Korean Birdwatching Conference consist of exactly?! Sounds interesting...

    On the subject of mandolinning, it's a shame you can't get them cheap across there. I mean, I have no idea what 250,000 looks like in our money, but I'm guessing it's quite a lot. I bought a mandolin this year, and considering how good it sounds it cost next to nothing. It's real fun to play, and easy to pick up if you know guitar.

    Good luck with the dust dodging,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    A Korean birdwatching conference consists of 6 hours of Korean ornithologists giving powerpoint presentations (in scientific Korean)that range from moderately interesting to crazy boring. It was more about making some connections with the local birder cabal. Mission accomplished on that front.
    250,000 won is only about 120 pounds, so it's not super expensive, but the one I saw looked crappy cheap, so we'll see. I want to get a scooter soon, which comes before the mandolin.
    I love the mandolin cuz you can play songs from any genre, and it sounds folky. I just have to learn some chords other than the five 2-finger chords.
    I hates the dust, it pisses me off and freaks me out, and I'll never get used to it.
    PMP

    ReplyDelete