Thursday 5 February 2009

Jeju oranges























































Jeju oranges are called 'Halla bong', because they are said to resemble Halla Moutain. I do see a resemblance. There are orange trees everywhere on Jeju. Everywhere. I think this has led to a subconcious devalutation of oranges in the minds of many Jejonians. I see unloved and unwanted oranges in the most random of places. Sitting on a window sill. Lying next to a fence. Alone in an empty field. Mouldering on a dashboard. Floating in the ocean. I suspect Jeju is a huge organism that perspires oranges. They taste great by the way, and are dead easy to get into. Simply tear off the nipple (nub?), and the skin practically falls off on its own. When I first got here, I absent-mindedly bought oranges from Chile. Chile? Why the hell would the Jejusians import oranges from far-away Chile, when you can't walk 10 feet without tripping over one? Whatever. The Chile oranges sucked. My brain is fevered. A cold. My head is a flaccid ballon, my feet are bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment