Friday 27 February 2009

A very small circus


I love incongruous Korean vehicles. I'm jonesing for a scooter. My co-worker got a little yellow 50cc job today, and I snatched the keys out of his hand and told him I needed to test drive it. Had a sweet 30 minute meander round the hilly farms south of Halla, eyes watering, corners of my mouth lifting, comforted by the knowledge that life is short. I almost bought a 'chopper' last week (the bike in this picture minus the circus tent), but I'll probably end up buying a more sensible scooter. I will feel like less of a man with a scooter though. I think it's all about how you sit on the bike. With a chopper, your legs are slung on either side, confidently raked forward. Modern cowboy. On a steel horse I ride. The chrome and steel she rides, colliding with the very air she breathes. On a scooter, it looks like you're sitting on the toilet, reading the newspaper, feet primly together. Maybe I'll wear a bathrobe when I ride my scooter, and drive around with with my underwear around my ankles, a cup of tea in one hand, hurling obscenites at innocent strangers.

1 comment:

  1. what if the circus tent has dancing girls bouncing to the beat of everyone's favorite euro jams? you could advertise selling your rare bird pics!!! iheartsomekoreancustoms.

    ReplyDelete