Sunday 15 February 2009

More favorite spots



Saturday's weather was crazy nice. Must have been 17 degrees with clear-ish skies, helped burn off the crankiness I'd bottled up during the week. Slept in and went for a superwalk to some favorite spots, old and new. I found this empty little park at the top of a hill. The placement of the bench is perfect, and probably profound. I sat there and looked at that tree for 15 minutes. I'm such a hippy.
Came across an intense university soccer game, so I watched that and had a 'who can slurp their ramyan loudest?' contest with some ajjoshis. Found another quiet park/stream nearby, with a buddhist building hovering over it.
My hiking shoes are super comfortable - like having my feet inside a pair of baby seals. Problem is, they make me walk like Borat. I wanted to accentuate this foible and make Koreans laugh, so I moved my arms stiffly and Borat-like every time I encoutered passers-by. No one appreciated my efforts. Maybe if I bring a jar of gypsy tears next time they'll get it, and we'll share hearty and spontaneous laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment