Thursday 2 July 2009

Garlic






Koreans love it. So much so that they've erected monuments in its honor. The first picture represents the average monthly garlic consumption of a Korean man. Seriously, Koreans love the stuff. The last blurry pic is from a cute garlic incident that happened about a month ago. While on a foodstuffs run for beach bbq purposes, I saw an ancient crone spreading her garlicky wares on a city-block length of rural sidewalk. I offered her about 75 cents for a few cloves, but she said no, it had to weighed, and this wasn't how it was done. I thrust the money into her hand, and she sighed and let me have it. Then she gave me another 6 handfuls - as much as I could jam into a huge cargo pocket (the picture only represents what was left after a feast.) Garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment