Wednesday 25 November 2009

Grumpus, Meowsers, and Wump




I beat a delivery driver kid in an old-fashioned green-means-go drag race today. Pulled up to the punk and he looked my scoot and I up and down with a sneer. I looked at him and spit. Light turned green, and he initially got a quick jump on me, with his foot-clutch jobby. Two seconds later, he was out of gears as I cruised past him, making sure to flash him the same shit-eating grin he showed me. I got his ass! The Beach Boys oughta write a song about this epic win. Actually, I respect these kids, with their 3$/hour pay, no tips, no helmets, and balls-out driving style. Sadly, I watch them for tips on 'urban maneuvering'. One delivery kid I often see has glued massive foot-long Batman-style streamlined plastic horns to his helmet. That's cool.
A similar drag-race happened to me a month or so ago, except this time it was a cop on a Harley I pulled up to at the light. He looked at me without expression, and when the light turned, I swear I got a nose ahead of him in the first ten feet, before he smoked me bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment