Thursday 13 May 2010

Snorklin'




Did some snorklin' with Cobain and Kansas Wizzles this morning. Cobain had the full suit so he was ok, but after an hour or so Wizzles and I, with the shorty wetsuits, started to numb up. I didn't appreciate how cold my limbs actually were until I stumbled and flailed my way onto the rocks, amazed and concerned that my extremities weren't responding to commands from the old brain centre. Saw a few decent fish, although there were a few too many jellyfish around for my liking. Got a long ribbony one tangled about my arm. May drink the beer tonight, expect a remorseful post tomorrow. "Oh, I hate the alcohol, wah wah wah!"
The whole world drinks. It's illuminating to see people when they're drunk, the 'true' them often comes out, usually for the worse. When I've had a couple, I don't think I know everything, I KNOW I know everything, and I won't shut up about my many outlandish theories about everything. That and I cut people off, and get paranoid. And I get shiny. And I sing. And then, NO AND THEN! Boom, carpe, graah, zing.

2 comments:

  1. Your pics make me want to visit Jeju-do. Is it hot down there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting there! Still fresh at night, and the water's still a bit cold, but definitely been lots of sun lately, and about 17. It's nicest here in September/October - hot and clear during the day, fresh nights, and way less tourists. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete