Wednesday 25 May 2011

Helmet & House of Pain - Just Another Victim

I've been wronged!
I remember the Judgement Night soundtrack well.  It changed our young 514 lives.  I jumped off this guy Jared's basement couch repeatedly with a stringless bass on Christmas Eve, pretending I knew every bass line to every song.  The gathered rabble seemed impressed with my air-bass abilities, but it was a hazy night.  I still bluff my way through life most days.  The Mudhoney & Sir-Mix-A-Lot track is a must-listen.  Hell, so is the Sonic Youth & Cypress Hill song.  Just listen to the whole thing.
  Victim.  A funny word, a funny way to live.  Most folks do everything they can to avoid being victims.  Who wants to be a fucking victim?  Then, there are others who just love being the eternal victim.  They LOVE it.  Gets them the precious attention they need to live, like emotional vampires.  Or mosquitoes.  Self-fulfilling.  Splat!

"Cause in your eyes 
You've been victimized 
It's how you size it up 
You disguise it up 
And try to make it look real 
To cover up the low self esteem you feel 
Introspection 
And afterthought 
Swimmin' in guilt's your favorite sport"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSlXFoIAa88

No comments:

Post a Comment