Tuesday 6 December 2011

Grafeets

Stunning yet pricey

Godart

Whimsical

Somewhat neat

Kinda cool

Old school

Witty

Fucking ugly and rude

Equally ugly, and equally rude

Hey, let's make our neighbourhood look like crap!  Yeah, let's!

The worst
  My hood, NDG (No Damn Good), is shitty with graffiti.  God, I sound like an old man.  But it's true.  You roll off the highway onto Sherbrooke street, and all you see is shitty graffiti.  I don't actually mind 'cool' graffiti - stuff that is artistic, and done somewhere that isn't on someone's house or business, which is the norm in NDG.  The 15 year-old private school kids putting shit-squiggles all over is bogus.  Whatevs.
  The first pic is a pretty impressive piece recently completed down the street.  It's called 'Our Lady of Grace'.  I'm not sure if it was 27,000$ impressive, but I guess that's what giant murals go for these days.  The other pics amused me, and the last four are shit.  So there you go, if you're gonna do graffiti, make sure I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment