Monday 10 January 2011

Ripley's Odditorium

A magical land

Antics

Tomfoolery

Freakshow!

Jeju Bond

Cardboard Aston Martin

Nosey McNoserson

JoJo the dog-faced boy

Awesome horn-head guy

Awesome shark bite victim

Awesome mummified falcon!!

Meeting Robert Wadlow

Ripley you old dog!

We still hear the evil

Vlad Tepes - note the elf shoe tips

Ride the lightning

Elvis hair.  Elvis Hair!!

Lil fella

Shenanigans with the youths
The 'Ripley's Believe It or Not' cafe has been sitting in the middle of Jungmun's resort complex for as long as I've been here, but last month they finally finished the Ripley's museum next door.  It's kinda awesome, in a very 'so bad it's good' way.  I used to read the books as a kid, so it was sweet to finally go to a bonafide Ripley's freakshow.  A real good ol' fashioned freakshow.  Nice.  There was wacky and jolly magical-land oompah music playing in the place, and I kept skipping around and clickin' my heels together.  I believe that some Koreans thought I was part of a museum exhibit.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have believed robot stegosauruses existed had I not seen them with my own eyes. Good antics.

    Is that a giant Stitch perched on top of the museum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was so much awesomeness in there. It's not a Stitch, it's just a giant Awesome.

    ReplyDelete