Friday 28 January 2011

We love having you here.

Except for you foreigners - we clench our jaws, look down, and grudgingly put up with having you here.
Well thanks, Jeju, we love being here.  Most of the time.  Except when it's an ankle-deep and stagnant green social puddle.  Been hibernating mostly lately, but I've sorta been honoring some of the productive/dumb resolutions I made.  Played a Korean volleyball/soccer hybrid this morning with Kansas Wizzles.  Got a good sweat up and coughed up what I hope were the last of my gelatinous lung demons.  Heading north super early tomorrow for some more coastal-scouring birding with my Korean bird homie, and some other journalistic nonsense.  Tra-la.
  Tried to write a song for the first time in 8 years the other day, on mando.  In true form, I thought it was awesome and chart-topping, then listened to it a few minutes later, and it turned out to be the weakest of candy-ass nursery rhymes.  Balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment