Wednesday 23 February 2011

Bird bunch

White's Thrush

Pale Thrush

Red-flanked Bluetail

These three well-camouflaged fellas/felletes are only found on Jeju in the winter, and not on the mainland.  That makes them my special little friends.

I often (think that I) have great idea fragments in the middle of the night.  I usually forget them, like the complete dreamsong I wrote and then forgot recently.  It was a #1 top-of-the-charts super-hit.  So lately I've been making an effort to record voice memos on my phone so I don't miss any more nocturnal 'Hey Jude' moments.  Today I listened to some of the memos from last week.  Wow.  I'm sure I can cobble together a decent country song out of these, but overall I was puzzled and underwhelmed by my mumblings.

5:13 am: "Little seed-cracking wizards..."
4:08 am: "Footsmoke!"
2:53 am: "I was hoping for a little, y'know, front page news."
6:01 am: Mumbled whisper song, unintelligible
4:10 am: "Oh I've got mail?  We'll SEE if I've got mail!" (scream-mumbled)
4:35 am: "Hugs n kisses, hits n misses, purrs n hisses..."

No comments:

Post a Comment