Thursday 10 February 2011

Confessions of an internet junkie


So somehow my bed worked itself on top of my internet cable over the years, pinching it to death.  It took me about 20 minutes of rabid cursing to find the problem.  I called the internet guy, and he said he could fix it tomorrow.  "Fuck that noise", I told him, and set to work.  I cut out the damaged section and started stripping first the main cable, then unbraiding and stripping both ends of about 10 smaller wires.  I got after the wires, sticking my tongue out as I do when I'm concentrating on something, hacking away.  When I finally got them stripped, I spliced them all together, and balanced the precarious tangle on the edge of my bed.  I checked the craptop, and holy shit, it worked!  Much dancing, singing and giddy self-congratulation ensued.  I really couldn't wait until tomorrow to kill zombies and look at cats that look like Hitler.  I'm number one!  I'm number one!

No comments:

Post a Comment