Wednesday 28 September 2011

Video games from the fuuuuuture!



  I was flicking through a dusty old set of Encyclopedias, and while looking through 'V', I stumbled across entries for 'VIDEO GAMES' and 'VIDEO RECORDING' that made me smirk.  But don't laugh too hard, for these books used to be my Google.  Back when I was young, we didn't even have opposable thumbs yet.  I remember playing a fishing game on my ol Commodore 64 that required the user to 'Press play on tape' and type in a bunch of bullshit before it would run.
  "Sail a clipper ship across the ocean...travel to distant galaxies...search for ancient buried treasure...drive a sleek racing car...gamble millions on the stock market...These are a few of the adventures available to players of video games."
  Now let's see if there is there is some more old crap laying around that I can take pictures of and remember/discuss, in lieu of adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment