Tuesday 25 October 2011

Jammins

I'll have one Fender Musicmaster bass on a stick, please.
  Picked up a strat copy and jammed with my bro (bass) and Suhcott (one-armed snare), in musical basement land.  We only jammed for 15 minutes, but it reminded me what rock jams were all about.  Distorted amps and de-tuned strings.  Zroing!  Fwing!  Budung!  Without all the beer though.  I’m still working on plunka-plinkie on the mando.  One day I’ll learn how to play some proper bluegrass chop chords.  Riveting.
  I learned something from watching TV today: The TV shows of today Suck.  Capital ‘s’.  Also, the music of today Sucks.  These blog posts lately have been unproductive and mostly unfunny, but life is squirrels, so deal.
  Speaking of squirrels, I saw one get squashed by a car the other day.  It was looking good - it had made it across the street with seconds to spare, but then it turned around and headed 2/3 of the way back the other way.  It looked like it was still going make it, but then it turned around again (‘No!’ I yelled), and jumped back the other way.  The car squished it, and I said something that sounded like “NoooOOOOOAHFUuuuuuug!”  Ah well, I guess the squirrel gene pool on that street just got a bit smarter.  It didn’t make much of a sound when it got squished.  A sparrow I saw getting hit by a car a few years ago, on the other hand, made a loud and sickening ‘Pop!’ when it was squished.  Maybe sparrows are filled with compressed air of some kind?  Couldn’t tell you.  Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment