Sunday 12 August 2012

Shooting guns in Busan

Years of basement plinking finally pay off

Blop blop!

No no, can you please point it more directly at my face?  That's better.
  Guns!  I stumbled across this little shooting club tucked down a grungy little side-street in an area full of seedy hotels (where I stayed the night of course).  We went in, chose guns from a menu, and shot the shit out of some paper.  Rollaine chose the Beretta M92 (Blam!), and I opted for the exotic Czech M61 Scorpion (Pop!).  We both did stunningly well, cuz we're awesome people, all around.  I scored a 96%, while 'the wife' scored an impressive 88% - not bad for her first time popping caps.
  What amazed me about the place was the stunning lack of safety standards displayed by the staff.  There was zero muzzle and trigger discipline on display, and they encouraged us to point the guns at one another to make the posed pictures more badass.  Oh, Korea, sometimes you're fucking awesome, and I mean that.
  Incidentally, a Czech Scorpion was found aboard the Nork mini-sub Cobain and I found in an abandoned museum on Dolsan Island a year ago.  Remember?  http://harfangperdu.blogspot.kr/2011/08/north-korean-semi-sub.html

No comments:

Post a Comment