Sunday 26 April 2009

Little horses, racing






Went to the horse races on Saturday. There were a LOT of people there. Lots of swearing and hand wringing, but no one ripped up their betting slips and threw them into the air, so I did. No reaction from anyone, why do I even try to entertain people? I really don't understand gambling. It's confusing. I mean I just don't know how it works. At one point I put 5,000w on a horse, and it won. My winnings? 5,000w. What was the point? Another interesting foible is that the horses are little Mongolian runt horses, so it looked like their little legs were going comically fast.
I was plotting to shoot poison darts at certain horses with a blowgun, but no one had one. However, I am working on another secret money-making plan: remote-controlled weasels. Alternately, a small army of trained weasels with headphones, answering only to me. These weasels, automatic or natural, will scare the shit out of all the horses except the one that I bet on, guaranteeing me easy money.

1 comment:

  1. Special betting rules for waygooks -- no winning. But at least you broke even (?)

    ReplyDelete