Wednesday 23 May 2012

Geoje Invaders

See me?  See me?

I'm one of two dudes who decided to tuck...
  Invaderrrrrs!  So I'm on a baseball team here, good times.  It's a team mostly made up of foreigners, so it's definitely a novelty in the Korean leagues.  I'd been a bit shaky with grounders during practices, so I was pleased with my mistake-free performance in our first game.  We played against the 'White Helmets', who wore blue helmets, by the way, and the final score was...16-16.  Yeah, after a brutal nine-inning slug-fest in the sun, we opted to just end the misery in a draw.  I ripped the knee out of my brand new uniform sliding into third, and I was proud to finish out the game with a dirty uniform. Safe!
  Incidentally, I chose the #17 for my uniform to honour the legendary Dock Ellis, who pitched a no-hitter in 1970 for the Pittsburgh Pirates...while on LSD.  Righteous.  Here's his tale:
"I didn't see the hitters..."

No comments:

Post a Comment