Wednesday 20 November 2013

No requests please

 
I was jamming at Rose Marine the other night with my northside buddy Joey, when a Korean guy with a creepy cheshire grin came over and plonked two big bottles of beer on our table.  Then he placed this little slice of cardboard next to the beers, and vanished in a poof of smoke.

"Ja  Jason Mraz
- Lucky
Please :)"

  Uhhhhh.  Exsqueeze me?  Hey Joey, do YOU know how to play this shit?  No.  Me neither.  Shrug.  The guy materialized a few minutes later, and pointed to the cardboard, smiling like a maniac.  We tried to explain to the guy that just because we are playing songs, it doesn't mean we know every song in the world.  I told him if he came back in like 5 days, I will have learned the song for him.  He looked around nervously, like he was being scammed.
  I knocked back a big swig of his beer.  He stammered 'Love song?'.  Ok.  So I busted out my best and whiniest 'Swept Away' by the Avett Brothers, and looked at him with a 'Huh?  Eh?' give-me-approval face. He gave me a sour 'Meh' face and stalked out.
  We drank the rest of the sweet sweet free beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment