Wednesday 28 April 2010

He's a curlew-stealing wizard






Sung to the tune of "He's a lane-changing wizard!", an impromptu cheer invented by tyrann-E-Saurus over a year ago in Ilsan, on car show weekend. Y'see, we, along with B-dawgz, waved down this cab, and as he was pulling in, these rude-ass Koreans jumped down from the curb and tried to get in ahead of us, certain the cabbie would be in on the 'fuck foreigners' vibe. He wasn't. He swerved to avoid them, barely, and cursed them out properly on the way by. With us aboard, drunk from the car show, he proceeded to zing and graaah his way through traffic with retarded grace. This elicited a spontaneous and joyful "He's a lane-changing wizard!" from tyrann, at which point we all shit our pants laughing, for at least 3 blocks. High on life, we were.
Since then, the simple sing-song melody of this anthem has been used to enliven many otherwise mundane moments. The format is "He's a _____-_____ wizard!". Or, alternately, "He's a ____-_____ bastard!". Lately, I've been pushing the boundaries of syllabic phrasing, by busting out "He's a _____-______ bastard-wizard!". I try. On my last trip to Daejeon, we had to impose a temporary ban on the chant, as I was over-using it, therefore burning out the awesomeness of it.
So a few posts ago I mentioned that Cobain got a sweet Far Eastern Curlew, and that I was gonna scoot out early to check it out on Tuesday. Yesterday was Tuesday, and I indeed scooted out to the west coast to twitch the curlew. It was a yellow-dusty kinda day, but having woken up early and geared up, I was in no mood to abort, so I went ahead and scooted, bemasked. I love that southwest coast.
Anyhow, as soon as I got the coast where the curlew was spotted on the weekend, I knew I was screwed. The tide was all the way in, and as everyone knows, the preferred habitat of curlews is 'mudflats and estuaries'. Crap. When a birder twitches and misses, it's called dipping. I dipped on the curlew. So, when I saw Cobain later in the day, he got a "He's a curlew-stealing wizard!" out of me. Here are some pics of crap I saw. I hope I've made sense here. Tree-cocks!

2 comments:

  1. tyrann-E-saurus1 May 2010 at 08:25

    he's an innn-luuuuuv wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a crazy-bastard-wizard-champion!

    ReplyDelete