Sunday 25 April 2010

My scoot


Is a thing of beauty. It goes fast when it's just sitting there, and all that. I just got new tires for her, and other bits and bobs. My front and rear turn-signals finally indicate the same direction, too, which is always good. I enjoy scooting. I Scoot.
This time of year, I start to see a peculiar breed on the Jeju roads - the organ donor. Organ donors are young Koreans on rented scooters. They ride around, usually in pairs, on pitifully underpowered and effeminate little 50cc jobbies. They wobble along major highways going 50, hazards blinking, in the breakdown lane. I like to whiz past them and give them mean looks. Graaah!
There's an even funnier breed on 2 wheels - the jagoff. There must be some kind of package deal thing going on, because every weekend a new group of 40-something mainland dads take a trip down to Jeju, get outfitted in comical tasseled Hell's Angels gear, and tool around on rented saddle-bag-laden Harleys. Funny shit.
Oh, and today I smashed a door into my face, but thankfully I was wearing a helmet at the time. Also, gin is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment