Sunday 22 January 2012

Way back

Good to be back in the good old ROK
  I forgot about a nice little episode from my Chicago-Beijing flight a few weeks ago.  I got on the plane and was standing in the galley area waiting for the traffic jam to ease to I could get to my seat, and I reached back to adjust my camera bag.  At that moment, a flight attendant was trying to sneak past me with a tray of champagne and orange juice for the first class folks.  I elbowed the tray and it went flying, sending sweet sweet liquid flying all over the flight attendant and a Chinese lady.  The former got up in my face, seething, looking like she wanted to slug me in the nuts.  Let me tell you, having her face in mine was not fun, because, and I don't want to be overly unkind here, but her face was like a plate of meat.  Like Dog the Bounty Hunter in a uniform.  Anyways, she didn't slug me in the nuts, but it was a pretty awkward 13-hour flight.
  The Shawshank Redemption was on today, always a good thing.  The Shank!

No comments:

Post a Comment