Sunday 10 July 2011

The hustle!

Sweet sweet winnings.

  On Saturday I played my best game of pool ever.  I was mucking around with friends, playing like crap, and I guess these Korean guys saw us.  When we were done, they played a game, then waited around until someone else wanted to play.  Someone else was me, and when I had racked the balls (to play with a friend), the one guy was like "We have the table, do you want to play me for beer?"  I initially refused, but life being short, I relented.
  I've seen these guys before, they have quite the beer hustle going.  The one guy plays (poorly at first, but miraculously improves after a while), while his two buddies give him advice and hang out on either end of the table, strategically trying to distract their hapless opponent.  That didn't happen this time.  I pulled out ridiculous shots that had these guys looking at each other nervously.  Usually I can't sink two balls in a row, but for some reason I was running the table.  The last two shots I sank were cross-table crazy-angle chip-shots on balls trapped in the middle of the end band.  They both went in, nothing but net.  After the guy picked his mouth up off the floor, I dragged him over to the bar and made him buy me my beer.  Haha, fuckface!  A small victory in life, but I'll take it.  And brag about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment