Tuesday 2 March 2010

Killing Daejeon and Cheongju




























I've been a terrible airline passenger lately. I keep showing up for flights 3-20 minutes before takeoff. I charmed, shrugged, and sprinted my way onto both flights this time though. Horseshoe, ass. Living in Soggy has definitely turned me into a small-town boy. Daejeon seemed huge to me, and I almost caught myself looking up at tall buildings. You can drive across Seogwipo in 6 minutes, whereas to do the same in Daejeon would take exactly forever. Went out on Saturday night and howled at the moon. Aaa-ooooooooo. That meant that on Sunday, tyrann-E and I slept in until 6 and ate a lot of terribly good/bad food and stared at a screen. Watched all of season 7 of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm', and re-watched 'Battle Royale'. I highly recommend both. Mocha Joe!
The USA-Canada game was at 5:15 am on Monday morning, so of course we had to drive up to Cheongju at 1:40 am to watch the thing. Good game, nail-biter. bibo ergo sum. Stumbled into the rainy streets of Cheongju in the morning murk, and grabbed a few hours of sleep back in Daejeon. Ended up at the crowded and chaotic Daejeon bus terminal, where I got the slow bus (back) to Cheongju, as Daejeon doesn't have an airport for some reason. Jeju is great place to live, with a slower pace of life. It does rock to hit the fast mainland every now and again though. I'm thinking of exploring Gwangju next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment