Thursday 25 March 2010

Hamtopia


Hamtopia is a wondrous place, and I'd be honored to go there after my death. I could hang out with Elvis and Babe Ruth. I imagine we'd get loaded on Gin, wear suits tailored of ham, sit regally upon couches upholstered with ham-leather, and eat gigantic ham sandwiches the size of helmets. These things would be so damn massive, they'd be called 'hamwiches', or better still, 'hamdos' - a clever combination of the words 'ham' and 'sando.' Old Arkansas Mike, who was seen spreading Korean Benjamins and packing a heater a few posts back, had a nickname. I gave it to him. I dubbed him 'The Ham King'. This is because one time he made a single epic sandwich that contained an entire pack of ham. A whole pack! He's going to Hamtopia for sure, and he's also about as awesome as they come. A whole pack.
I had a buddy from Seoul come down to see the Green Pigeon. We re-found it, which was awesome. But not as awesome as The Ham King.
By the way, I visited Hamtopia's website, and for some reason the joint is called 'Hammore' online. A clever combination of of the words 'ham' and 'amore'? If so, Korea - you just blew my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment