Saturday 20 March 2010

GREEN PIGEON!!




I probably spent close to 15 combined hours looking for this White-bellied Green Pigeon last year, and didn't see it. Why? It sits in trees and it's GREEN! I finally found it yesterday, and I almost fell over - my hands were shaking. Serious birdwatchers aren't called 'twitchers' for nothing. I kind of feel bad for this bird - she's been returning to the same park year after year, presumably to mate with a fine green fella. Unfortunately for her, she originally must have been blown here by a storm or lost her way. Finding her favorite kind of tree, she returns year after year, waiting for a mate that won't appear, as her potential green baby-daddies are all in Japan. That's how it goes.

7 comments:

  1. tyrann-E-saurus20 March 2010 at 23:45

    what?!? no yellow dust update?...you're slipping mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100320/world/as_china_sandstorm

    Was dusty as fuck last night....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a green pigeon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! rare bird alert! but sad! maybe she can't tell her potential baby-daddies from the green tree either. Nice giant low-angle chubby shot on birdskorea.org...

    ...
    this is the best thing on the internet: http://www.ustream.tv/theowlbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear I saw it just eat a mouse. Wha!

    ReplyDelete