Thursday 3 March 2011

Solitary Snipe

A fairly rare bird, I spotted it up at the Gwangneung Arboretum, north of Seoul, the only reliable spot to find it in Korea. I walked up and down a stream for ages and didn't find it, or the Black Woodpecker I kept hearing.  Picked up a couple of new finches though.  On my way out, I decided to give the snipe one more go, and went off to a different stretch or river from where it normally hangs out.  I picked a spot at random and pushed through some bushes, leaned on a fence and sighed.  The snipe was sitting fifteen feet in front of me.  I high-fived myself.  Not a riveting story really, but I told it anyways.  Gonna push hard for some weekend waxwings.  Life on the edge.
  Been thinking of making some new 2011 resolutions.  It's not too late, I think.  I had a guy wish me a happy new year in April once.  That's pushing it a wee bit.  I have a lit 2009 Christmas tree sitting on my fridgelet, so maybe I should shut the hell up.
  Life-changing decisions to make soon.  I'm sure the answers will drift into my glib lap like the proverbial fistful of sand.
  Plop!  Splash!

No comments:

Post a Comment