Friday 18 November 2011

3 Star breakfast here I come



  The morning after we partied like heathens in Brooklyn (much more on that later), Dance and I stumbled over to 3 Star, a local breakfast joint infamous for being closed down every few years for health code violations.  Best food ever.  I had the 'The Lumberjack', with freshly-squozen OJ.
  It reminded me of a song I wrote for my first band, LINT, called '7$ breakfast'.  The chorus was '7$ breakfast, here I come!', over and over, and the first verse went thusly: 'Can you take my breakfast away, 7$ breakfast so I said no way, the juice was sour and the toast was cold, the eggs were still alive and the bacon was old!'  It was inspired by The Moon, a greasy spoon my band hung out at all the time back in our day, huddled over toast.  The toast cost a princely 40 cents, and was the cheapest thing we could get on the menu.  Every couple of hours, they'd bug us to buy something, so we'd buy more 40 cent toast and share it, while dreaming of the fabled 7$ breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment