Monday 28 November 2011

Hobbit House, West Jeju

 And there is a small tribe of hobbits that lives on Jeju, I've seen them around, usually from the corner of my eye.  Should I go back?  Not sure.  Right on the fence.
 I saw Drive yesterday, and I was a bit let down.  I was hoping for a bit more substance.  It's all style, silence, no dialogue, and Ryan Gosling acting like he's so cool he can punch out God.  It's nuts though, the positive reviews for this movie online seethe about how people that don't get like it are common simpletons who should stick to Fast & Furious type movies.  Fucking movie snobs.  The director was also responsible for Valhalla Rising, a supremely flaccid viking flic, which again was notable for 40 minute stretches of silence, and the main character being all cool and moody.  Geez, I guess I just 'don't get it'.
  Anyways, Drive was a wet squib.  I followed it up with a re-watching of Bad Santa.  Yaaay!   Yaaay!  "Why don't you wish in one hand, and shit in the other. See which one fills up first."  Speaking of Fast & Furious, I hate to say it, but...Tokyo Drift?  C'mon, Tokyo Drift!

No comments:

Post a Comment