Tuesday 15 November 2011

Occupy Ball Street






 Seems like the Occupy Wall Street deal just got busted up today by the man. Dance and I wandered past it a couple of nights ago.  My camera battery died just as we got there, so I couldn’t take pictures of the aluminium-foil hat-wearing guy with the sign that read ‘They put fluoride in the water, Hitler did this.  The Illuminati wants us all dead’.  What I saw there was swaying nu-hippies in a prayer-circle, mumbling around an altar of candles and a wide assortment of Asian deity statuettes.  The whole thing felt like it was for the benefit of the many tourist and press cameras.  There were about 50 tents all clumped together, and a stoned-out chick bummed a smoke off Dance, then blanked out as she was talking.  Across the street, at least a dozen cop vehicles loomed.
  I have no real opinion about this, as I feel no connection to either side.  Maybe I've been adrift in Asia for too long.  I may be wrong, but to me it feels like a bit of a waste of time.  I think I used to care about shit like this, but not this time.  Just my jaded opinion.  I should care, I know.  In fact, I'll try harder to care, next year-ish.  Earlier in the day, a few blocks away, a guy with an ironic moustache, a jaunty black toque and big ear gauges was yelling at passerby “Stop complaining about your life!  Occupy Wall Street!”  He annoyed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment