Friday 4 November 2011

Fawg in Sawg from the archives









  I found a bunch of old pics from Jeju, inside my computer.  Lots of foggy Soggy from my southside ramblings.  Soggy got a lot of fog, and a lot of my best memories involve fog - scooting with Cobain through the pea soup on the high road (1128?) towards gunning; foggy, boozy walks by the harbour; scrambling down foggy dry riverbeds and slipping on rocks while looking for birds; leaning over the edge of my roof on a foggy night, staring at sleepy, perfect Seogwipo for an hour; creeping around ghostly Eongtto Falls in the murk; checking out the wee little Mongolian horses as they amble through the treeline.  Fog – it’s the new rain.
  I had grand plans to head for exotic locales after I left Jeju.  After a while I noticed that I kept rating potential destinations based on how similar or not they were to Jeju.  So, after a month or two I secretly conspired to return to the warm, familiar embrace of good ol Jej.  Now I’m not so sure I want to do that.  Somewhere new could be good.  Sometimes you wanna go where nobody knows your name.  Oh, getting deep! Cheers was a solid show.
  It’s snowing.
  Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment