Wednesday 10 August 2011

Eats




  The first thing I had upon arrival in the real word was the best sando of my life.  A toasted Montreal bagel filled with cream cheese and paper-thin deli meats.  As I tore into this melt-in-my-mouth beast, I was reminded of all the shitty Paris Baguette 'sandwiches' I've choked back over the years in Korea, convincing myself they were 'pretty good, really'  Sick.
  An aside on my eating habits.  I've been told I eat fast.  I see it this way - I'm a mammal, and I have to eat fast, or another, bigger mammal will steal away all of my sweet sweet food.  In certain social situations, especially when there are ladies present, I find myself having to tell myself to slow way down.  I put down the food, and carry on with small talk for what I deem to be a socially appropriate period of time before taking my next dainty bite.  All the while I'm looking around nervously, wondering where the larger mammal that covets my sweet sweet food is hiding.
  I passed a few poutine places today, but I'm gonna wait for Dance and Humdinger to get back from NYC before I eat my first return-poutine.  It'll be good to see those fellows, it's been too long.
  Today I had a slice of what sustained me through university: Double Pizza.  The dude gave me a slice of Mexican instead of the vegetarian I thought I had ordered, but I ate it up anyhow, and it rocked nations.  The best way to kill a slice of Double is to fold it in half lengthwise, and eat it while walking down the street, keeping in mind to angle the grease drip downwards.

2 comments:

  1. Myself, I wanna score some of that ever-so-satisfying Cote St. Luc BBQ chicken poutine, assuming that the wonderful place is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that. Remember someone was whacked in there once? I remember eating that sweet sweet poutine the day the shuttle crashed.

    ReplyDelete