Saturday 20 August 2011

The Ole Gang


  Yesterday I went to a cheerful and boozy reunion BBQ with my 'European Studies' crew from college.  We were in the same classes for two years together, and then we went to Denmark and Holland for a glorious month in the middle of the semester.  We were meant to be there pursuing academic brass rings, but the only brass we saw was holding up the bars we spent a lot of time in.  Ha, well I guess we did go to a lot of museums and the like, and Yossarian and I interviewed four Danish guys that had been in the resistance in WWII.  Talk about your brass, these guys were stone cold badass.
  At Skagen, the northern tip of Denmark's Jutland peninsula, Yossarian and I charged into the North Sea/Baltic in our underwear...in March.  Boom!  Rows of old German tourists (The Varicose Blitzkrieg) stared at us sternly.  Anyhow, it was awesome to see my old classmates and teachers once again.  Folks are doing well, and I'm the only one without a kid/family.  Heh, I never did straighten out.  I'll have kids when I'm forty.  Yup.  And my wife will be 25, ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment