Friday 26 August 2011

Musical relics


  I just dusted off these old gems.  LINT was my first real band (InBread's first show at Station 10 was cancelled due to Amit breaking up the band), and this was our first demo tape.  Dom, top left, was the bassist, but at that point she couldn't really play.  We couldn't either, to be fair, but she couldn't keep up with our one and two-chord songs, so she had to go.  The other two guys in the band made me tell her.  Not cool.  We all had crushes on her, but none of us really did anything about it, because we were lame.  LINT was around for a couple of years, and we always played with the same two bands - Bloo, our friends, and The Lawnmowers, our enemies.  Good times.  I refuse to listen to the tape, because I know how hard it sucks.
  The Unabombers CD is a bit easier to listen to, as it's pure 2-track, 1-take, fuzzdrunk noiserock goodness.  If I do say so myself.  No one ever got the "Soon to be recording artists!!!"
  Incidentally, I'm out of contact with two members of LINT, and one member of the Unabombers - they've been swallowed up by rock n roll I suppose.
  Barf!

No comments:

Post a Comment