Friday 26 August 2011

Birding Ontario











  Last weekend I went on a birding trip with Dance to rural eastern Ontario.  Man oh man, one of the small towns we stopped in felt like something out of a very bad movie.  The focal point of the town was a Tim Horton's off the highway, and all the sleeveless white trash extras with mullets, prison tats, gunts, and beat-up '97 Mustangs were chillin' in the parking lot, smoking.  Just kickin' it old school.  I was gonna take a picture, but I feared for my life.  Not really, but they were pretty trashy.  More on trashy locals in another post, I've got a good rant boiling.
  Anyhoo, we spent the day at four different sewage lagoons, looking for...birds.  They gave us snazzy walkie-talkies for on-the-road birding and directions.  Yessir, a whooole different kettle of fish than birding in Korea.
  I miss my scooter.  I miss a few things about Jeju, like the crew I rolled with mostly.  Also, the food.  I greatly miss the "Hey do you wanna scoot over to the secret spot and go snorkeling and speargun some fish to eat for breakfast and/or go to the beach before work?" lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment