Tuesday 13 January 2009

Gully


The other day I was having a sweet time scrambling around rocks in the harbor, and exploring an abandonned construction site. I happened to look down into an unfinished basement, and spotted what I thought was a dead Black-tailed Gull. I was startled to see it move after a while. It's bill and neck were badly entwined with fishing line. I lowered myself down using rusty rebar as a ladder, and attempted to free the gull, but it wasn't possible without scissors. I sprinted home to get some scissors, but by the time I got back, the gull was dead. I was pretty gutted for a bit, as it seemed to be in decent health, albeit a bit lethargic. I even brought a can of tuna, with visions of the newly freed gull gobbling it down like Popeye spinach, high-fiving me, and flying off with a wink.

2 comments:

  1. Buddha saw what you did. It was He disguised as a gull. Soon he'll descend from Halla San and bring you perfect enlightment as a reward.

    ReplyDelete