Tuesday 13 January 2009

Met some nice Koreans on Sunday















So I was wandering up and down the coast for hours jumping fences and lurking in bushes. I was looking for birds, and adventure. Like a Steppenwolf song. Anyways, I'd been walking for 5 hours, tired and angry at myself for opting to not bring food. I walked by this little shack, which turned out to be an archery club. They were shooting long-distance/high-trajectory shots across a little inlet, like that bad Korean whiskey commercial. I raised my hands in surrender and yelled 'Don't shoot!' They were surprised and amused, and they beckoned me into the shack with oranges, where they proceeded to drug and savagely torture me. Then they gave me endless oranges and tea, and I watched them shoot arrows, while warming up next to the stove. When they were done with their round, one of the archers showed me his bird book, and we talked in broken language about this and that. Nice dudes, them.

No comments:

Post a Comment