Tuesday 20 January 2009

New Born


I pass this apartment every day on my way back to my apartment complex, the Toddler Towers.
I recently found a mini batting cage. Yesss! Great stress relief, thought I. My first 20 balls went well, as I swung for the fences and cracked homers left and right. As I went to put in my second 500 won coin, I chanced to glance over at the old Korean carny grinning at me maliciously from his 1/4 shipping container office. As soon as the next set of balls started flying out, I understood why he was grinning like an arse. No more soft lobs for this waygook, the machine was now launching curving white laser beams at me. I actually heard him guffaw after I yelped when one of the balls pinged me on the thumb. Bastard! I like him for doing it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment