Tuesday 13 January 2009

Living inside the box



I'm not someone who needs a lot of room, but there is something unsettling about living in a Korean 'studio' apartment after a while. It's small. I don't know how I lived in one with a girlfriend for over a year - there isn't enough personal space for one person, let alone two. It says a lot that we never snapped. On the plus side, I never have to go far to do anything. I can brush my teeth, crap, and watch TV simultaneously. If I'm feeling bonkers I look out the window - Mount Halla is to the left, and the ocean is to the right, and that usually helps.
I'm really gonna have to get a new blanket - the pink velvet one isn't doing it for me. The butterfly-encrusted curtains freak me out as well. The little couch was covered in ominous stains, but I washed the cushion covers, so it smells 30% less nasty. All in all, it's cozy and ridiculous, but it's all mine.

1 comment: