Monday 6 June 2011

The awesome lunch



Whoa, dial it down a notch
The old Korean bird guy took us for dolsot (hot bowl) bibimbap, which is a solid Korean peasant meal.  It even looks healthy.  Usually there's an egg mashed in, but in this case there were a bunch of fish eggs dumped in instead (the orange jazz on the rice).  I'll miss bibimbap.
  Makkeoli is a fizzy, earthy rice alcohol, and you're meant to drink it out of bowls.  Some of my classier friends drink it straight from the plastic bleach-looking bottles.  Personally, I've never been a big fan, but it's pretty good with lunch, especially when lunch is secretly breakfast.  The Danish guy reminded me of Dr. House.
  Rocky 5 is on TV.  I should look away, but I can't.  Utter shitcrap.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:
This particular dish isn't technically called 'bibimbap', it's called 'ahlbap', which sorta means '(fish)eggrice'.  I'll miss bibimbap and ahlbap.

No comments:

Post a Comment