Monday 6 June 2011

Stacks of bird paper


Tootin' my own horn, toot toot!
I haven't seen much of my Korean bird bud lately because he's been writing his PhD on the nesting habits of the Black Paradise Flycatcher.  He passed me his paper to proofread, and it's taken me the better part of two days to do.  I didn't think I was into anything 'academia' any more, but it was kinda fun to do something like this again.  Took me back to the days when I was a TA in uni, desperately trying to juggle stacks of poorly-written papers into 'the curve'.  Incidentally, my best advice for undergrads trying to plagiarize an essay by cutting and pasting is this: change the font, dumbass.
  While we were trapped in the backrooms of a museum, I picked up a copy of The Korean Journal of Ornithology.  I flicked through it and was surprised as hell to find myself mentioned in it for some of my past birding exploits.  Ha, small world.  Spelled my name wrong, but that's how she goes.  Toot toot!
  Rocky 5 is picking up in the second half.  Streetfight!  "I want my respect!"..."Come and get it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment