Friday 10 June 2011

Blind Melon - Change

I don't listen to a whole lot of Blind Melon, but I've had this song tickling the inside of my head for a couple of days now.  I actually chatted with and bummed a smoke off Shannon Hoon, the singer, outside their gig at Backstreet Bar in Montreal, in an era that was free from cell phones and internet.  He was barefoot and mumbly, it was a Camel Light, and I was taller than him.  He's dead now.
  Back in those days, well, we walked to school every day on our hands for five miles, uphill both ways, and we liked it.  I was known for wearing 'big stupid hats' back then.  I still wear big stupid hats on many days, in these quivering modern times.  This song is particularly memorable to me for another reason, but that's a private secret.  Also, mandolin!
  The bitch-queen of all mosquitoes is after me, teaching me a savage lesson in pain for all these things that I've done.
  Out of boredom, I've been trying out some sideburns.  I can't tell if they make me look a little less creepy, or way extra-creepier.  They go well with my dark dark circles, like some kind of weathered Frenchman with a thousand-yard stare who smells like patchouli, misery, and high-seas adventure.
  It's raining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqvIUcfBcw

No comments:

Post a Comment