Monday 6 June 2011

Birding with a Dane

The elusive technicolor pear



A cave for Shamans. Shamen? Sha-people? Sha-na-na?

Spot the Pacific Reef Herons?

Denmark is a cool place.  They dump mayonnaise on pizza, make bleak yet hopeful statues, have a strict etiquette when it comes to sandwich condiments, and let's not forget the singular Tuborg Green.  Oh, and the women are decent-looking, too.
On Friday morning I met up with a Danish birder and we staked out my secret spot for five hours waiting for a Fairy Pitta that didn't show.  Then on Saturday we met up with my Korean birding bud for some valley-climbing birdventures.  Well, first we were hijacked and taken to the back room of a museum where we were pressed into service helping a Korean guy sort through some tricky bird IDs for a book he's putting together.  He thanked us by taking us out for an awesome lunch and makkeoli.  Life is hard.   The Dane got his Pitta, in a humid valley filled with rude mosquitoes that were after my sweet sweet blood.  Then I went home.  Then I took a shower.  Now it's today.

No comments:

Post a Comment